Give It Up 2012 Promotion Terms and Conditions
As a Give It Up participant, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third party fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered for Give it Up and prevented from conducting further third-party fundraising activities on behalf of Australian Red Cross;
“We/Australian Red Cross/Red Cross” refers to Australian Red Cross. Address: 155 Pelham Street, Carlton VIC 3053, Phone: 03 9345 1800, Website: www.redcross.org.au. ABN 50 169 561 394. Charity Mail Number: 10100009
“Give It Up” refers to an Australian Red Cross fundraising event.
“Event” includes a Give It Up or other third-party fundraising activity.
“You” means the person who registers for an Australian Red Cross fundraising event.
“Participant/s” refers the person/s doing a fundraising activity and raising funds for Australian Red Cross.
“Register/registering/registered” refers to completing the Give It Up registration online at www.giveitup.org.au
“Promotional Period” refers to the duration of the campaign.
“Promotional Campaign” refers to active fundraising period.
“Supporter” refers to a person who agrees to help a participant, either financially or in kind.
“Donation” refers to a person who gives a financial contribution towards the Give It Up campaign.
“Major Prize” refers to an incentive awarded to a participant.
“Promoter” refers to Australian Red Cross
“Advertisers” refers to third party operated websites.
“Linked Sites refers to third party operated hyperlinks.
1. You must register in order to conduct a third-party fundraising activity for Give It Up. This is required by charitable fundraising legislation in all States and Territories in Australia.
3. www.giveitup.org.au (“Event Website”) is owned and operated by Red Cross.
4. Red Cross manages Give it Up on behalf of all state-based Red Cross offices and branches.
5. Red Cross will not accept registrations from people residing in or accessing www.giveitup.org.au from a country other than Australia.
6. People residing outside Australia can make online donations or sponsor a friend in Australia who is taking part in Give It Up. All donations will be accepted if in collaboration with supporting Give It Up activity.
7. The person whose name appears on the registration form will be the event participant (“Participant”) which makes them solely accountable for managing a Give It Up activity in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes any costs associated with completion of a fundraising activity.
8. Red Cross will not reimburse any person for any Event related costs.
9. Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from any Event. It is the responsibility of the Participant to ensure the safety of themselves and any Supporters.
10. Red Cross’ public liability insurance does not cover people who choose to fundraise on our behalf. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks of fundraising activities or Events run by external parties.
11. Participants need to comply with any obligations in the Charitable Fundraising Act and/or any regulations in your State or Territory. You are also responsible for organising any permits, licenses, insurance or authority to fundraise where necessary. This information will be available from your state government or local council (see clause 13 for gaming information).
12. For all gaming, racing, licensing, promotional and fundraising requirements, please check legislation by contacting your nearest office:
Department of Gaming and Fair Trading
Ph: (02) 6207 0065
Department of Liquor and Gambling
Ph: (08) 8226 8500
Department of Gaming and Racing (Office of Charities)
Department if Liquor and Gaming
Ph: (03) 6233 3468
Territory Business Centre
Ph: (08) 8999 1332
Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation
Ph: (03) 9651 3630
Department of Treasury
Office of Gaming and Racing
Office of Racing, Gaming and Liquor
Ph: (08) 9425 1888
13. Participants must securely keep all the money raised for Give It Up. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited online at www.giveitup.org.au by Monday, 2nd July 2012.
14. You are not allowed to approach the general public with door to door, street or telephone collections as part of your fundraising activity.
15. Participants acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem – a red cross on a white background – is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use). In times of armed conflict it is the visible sign of the protection conferred by the Geneva Conventions on the victims and on those who come to their aid; in peacetime it shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, of which the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is the founding body. Hence, the emblem is also a symbol of the Movement’s seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
16. Participants or Supporters must not use the Red Cross logo or red cross emblem to advertise or conduct the Event except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to you by Red Cross. Unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957. You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit www.redcross.org.au.
17. If you are under 16 years of age, you must have the express permission of your parent or guardian before undertaking any fundraising activities for Red Cross.
18. If you, as the Participant, have any previous criminal convictions, you need to tell us about them when you register. Although any prior convictions won’t automatically prevent you from being able to organise an activity for us, they will be taken into account where relevant, for the purposes of accessing the suitability of the Event and yourself as the Registered Host. Failure to notify us of any previous criminal convictions may result in further investigation towards yourself and your fundraising activity or refusal for authority to fundraise on Red Cross’ behalf.
19. You agree to release Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity, and indemnify Red Cross for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
20. If there is a likelihood of you not meeting any of these responsibilities, we reserve the right to withdraw your authority to organise an activity at any time.
21. We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time during the campaign period. Upon amending Terms and Conditions we will re-post them on www.giveitup.org.au. Participants will be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time. Any changes to the Promotion and/or Terms and Conditions relating to the Give It Up promotion (including prize variations, cancellation or suspension of your promotion), is subject to the approval of all relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments
22. Upon entering www.giveitup.org.au you have accepted and must comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property on the website. Your use of and/or continued access to the website constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
23. The website www.giveitup.org.au is run by Red Cross for this event only. Content may change but it will remain a dedicated site for Give It Up fundraising only.
24. All names, logos and trademarks are the property of either Red Cross or third parties engaged and contracted by us (Litterini+Clark Pty Ltd) who have contributed to the website. Use of logos, trademarks, graphics, images or names is prohibited. Written agreement by Red Cross must be given in order to use an intellectual property on www.giveitup.org.au
25. All names, photographs and content that are related to celebrity endorsements are the property of the celebrity, their talent agent or Red Cross. Use of photographs, names and content is prohibited. Written agreement by Red Cross must be given in order to use any of the intellectual property on www.giveitup.org.au or any other promotional materials.
26. The content of www.giveitup.org.au such as text, graphics, images and names (“Material”) is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
27. Red Cross does not warrant that www.giveitup.org.au will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Red Cross cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
28. Give It Up promotional period (“Promotional Period”) will run between Monday, 19th March 2012 and Monday, 2nd July 2012.
29. Participants can take part any time between Tuesday, 1st May 2012 and Thursday, 31st May. (“Promotional Campaign’).
30. Major prize (“Major Prize”). There is 1 (one) Major Prize to be won, which is supplied by Peregrine Adventures Pty Ltd (Lic No 31009. ABN 54 006 831 974). Prize includes:
a) trip for two on a Gecko’s Inca Highlands (GSIH) 15 day trek;
b) 2 (two) x return economy airfares to Peru, South America;
c) 14 (fourteen) x nights accommodation for 2 (two) adults on a twin share basis; including;
- 3 nights Full Service camping
- 1 night island Homestay
- 10 nights Hotel
d) Some meals included for 2 (two) adults (14 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners)
e) Transfers included for 2 (two) adults (boat, bus, plane, taxi)
f) Total prize retail value of AUD$10,000
31. Major prize must be redeemed for travel before Wednesday, 1st May 2013. (“Travel Period”). Age restrictions apply. Accommodation is on a twin share basis and is subject to change at time of booking. Travel periods are subject to availability at time of reservation. A minimum of 56 days booking notice is required to be made with Peregrine & Gecko’s Adventures Pty Ltd. Major Prize does not include Frequent Flyer points at time of booking. The prize and booking of the prize are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Peregrine & Gecko’s Adventures www.geckosadventures.com or call 1300 791 478.
32. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from an Australian regulatory authority.
33. Major prize can not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
34. Additional expenses, airport departure taxes, visas, compulsory travel insurance, meals not listed in the itinerary, any optional tours and activities during free time, camera fees, excess baggage charges, tips or gratuities, and items of a personal nature, are not included in the prize and are at the winner’s expense.
35. If the Major Prize is unable to be redeemed by the winner during the Travel Period this could result in the prize being forfeited.
36. To be eligible for the Major Prize, participants must:
a) Register as a participant for Give It Up via the website (www.giveitup.org.au)
b) Give It Up between Tuesday, 1st May 2012 and Thursday, 31st May 2012 (Promotional Campaign)
c) Send Red Cross a minimum donation of AUD$150 by 11pm on Monday, 2nd July 2012
d) Comply with these terms and conditions.
37. The draw will take place at Australian Red Cross, Level 9, 17 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on Friday, 20th July 2012 at 12pm (midday).
38. The winner will be announced on Friday, 20th July 2012 at Australian Red Cross office – Level 9, 70 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
39. The winner will be notified within 2 (two) working days by phone, email and confirmation letter by Australian Red Cross.
40. The winner’s details will be published in The Australian newspaper on Thursday, 2nd August 2012.
41. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the major prize a second draw will take place at Australian Red Cross office – Level 9, 17 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on Friday, 19th October 2012 at 12pm (midday). The winner will be notified within 2 (two) working days by phone, email and confirmation letter and their details will be published in The Australian Newspaper on Thursday, 1st November 2012.
42. There are 3 (three) travel vouchers available to be won. Each voucher is valued at $500 and has been supplied by Peregrine & Gecko’s Adventures Pty Ltd (Lic No 31009. ABN 54 006 831 974)
43. Participants who register via the website (www.giveitup.org.au) by Monday, 30th April will go in the draw to win 1 x travel voucher valued at $500. Only one travel voucher per person is able to be obtained. The names will be drawn at 12pm (midday) on Monday, 4th May 2012 at Australian Red Cross – Level 9, 17 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000. All winners will be notified by phone and email that same day.
44. To be eligible for a travel voucher, participants must either ‘Register & Pay Now’ or ‘Register & Start Fundraising’. If a Give It Up registration form is not completed in full, then the host may not be eligible for a travel voucher. We may, at our absolute discretion, reject a registration if the registration form has not been completed with sufficient detail. This could include incomplete personal details such as full name and address.
45. The 3 (three) x travel vouchers are non transferable, non refundable, non exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Travel vouchers can be used with a loyalty discount but not with any other discount offer. This condition only applies to the tour cost.
46. In the event that the 3 x winners of the travel vouchers cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize a second draw will take place at Australian Red Cross office – Level 9, 17 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on Friday, 3rd August 2012 at 12pm (midday). The winner will be notified within 2 (two) working days by phone, email and confirmation letter.
47. Neither Red Cross nor Peregrine Adventures and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection the use of any prize or gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). This is a strict condition for the acceptance of the Major Prize or the 3 (three) travel vouchers.
48. All prizes and gifts are only eligible to be awarded to Australian residents as per the registration eligibility (see clause 5). Prizes may not be claimed by:
a) Australian Red Cross employees or their family members
b) Peregrine & Gecko’s Adventures Pty Ltd (or its related bodies corporate) employees or their family members
c) Any person under the age of 16 (sixteen) that has not had consent from a parent or guardian
49. The website may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors (“Advertisers”). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by Red Cross.
50. The website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
51. Linked Sites that we are endorsing for Give It Up include: Facebook; Google; Twitter; Linked In; You Tube. Other Linked Sites that appear on www.giveitup.org.au might not be endorsed or authorised by Red Cross.
52. Your use of a Linked Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions of www.giveitup.org.au
53. Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
Authorised under lottery permit number: ACT TP 12/01619.